7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Center - Ceremonial Room
1800 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
Did you know that there are folks who see our contingent in the parade and rush to meet and talk with us at the end?
Michael Leslie remembers one such woman with tears in her eyes who signed her surprise at seeing us — as well as her appreciation. She found our presence in the parade was truly “good news” and there was healing in that for her. It can be equally meaningful for those who participate — and some do so to honor a specific person: a child, a family member, a loved one or a friend.
That’s why this contingent is important and why you might consider volunteering. In a world with so much religious hate speech, those who volunteer enable folks from many faith traditions to join together in sending a positive spiritual message to the LGBT community.
What’s a contingent monitor? Monitors make the parade safer — walking with our contingent and attending, in advance of the parade, an easy one hour of training — to learn about the assembly area, the parade route, safety and the dispersal plan.
We depend on volunteers and we can’t march without the required monitors. So pick something that works for you from the SCHEDULE OF TRAINING DATES. Select an early date and it will be easier to find a seat:
- Monday, June 15 @ 7 PM / The Center – Ceremonial Room / 1800 Market St, SF
- Thursday, June 18 @ 7 PM / PG&E Auditorium / 77 Beale St, SF (Optional pre-registration)
- Sunday, June 21 @ 1 PM / SFP Library – Koret Auditorium / 100 Larkin St, SF
- Monday, June 23 @ 7 PM / Intel, Building SC-12 / 3600 Juliette Lane, Santa Clara
- Tuesday, June 23 @ 7 PM / First Unitarian Universalist / 1187 Franklin St, SF
- Wednesday, June 24 / Club 21 / 2111 Franklin St, Oakland
- Friday, June 26 @ 7 PM / First Unitarian Universalist / 1187 Franklin St, SF
In cooperation with Dignity/San Francisco, we’ll have a motorized cable car available this year. Please make a donation to Dignity/SF if you wish to ride or help fund it for those who need it.
MCCSF is sponsoring this year’s contingent; providing insurance coverage; and members have donated the contingent registration fees. Join us for our annual Pride Worship Service @ 6 PM the day of the parade at 1300 Polk Street.