“Member in Good Standing” is an official phrase used to describe the status of a member who is qualified to vote. Interchangeable terms we use include “Voting Member” or “Active Member. Following our current policies, the membership rolls are reviewed annually based on member participation in the last 12 months.
The criteria for being a “Voting Member” at MCCSF is regular registered worship attendance and at least one of the following:
- Ongoing financial support;
- Volunteer service in the life of the MCC-SF community.
Registered worship attendance is as defined as registering your attendance at a minimum of six worship services in the last 12 months. Members should register your attendance at Sunday services by using the attendance cards and dropping them in the offering plate.
- All elections are by secret ballot.
- You must be present to vote. No proxy voting.
- No extra comments or stray marks on the ballot.