MCC San Francisco (Eureka)
150 Eureka Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
The seminar will be led by Ken Craig, who is a Grand Master ranked martial artist with more than twenty-five years of combined martial arts experience. Ken is also one of the founding members of Castro Community On Patrol (CCOP) and holds the Vice Chair position with CCOP as well as serves as their Director of Volunteer Training and Emergency Services Liaison. We’ll cover important topics such as:
- Self-defense versus defending yourself
- Street “smartz” and awareness
- Pre-planning and preparing
- Recognizing and avoiding trouble
- The importance of the Lizard Brain (you’ll find out in the seminar)
- Becoming a Sheep Dog !!
- De-escalating situations
- Simple physical defensive techniques if all else fails
The seminar is open to anyone 18 years of age or older (no upper age limit) and is designed to be low impact, fun, information packed, easily accessible and suitable for everyone. Dress comfortably for the seminar. Suggested Minimum Donation: $25. Space is limited so book your spot and donate at the door. No one turned away for lack of funds. A fundraising event sponsored by MCCSF and proceeds benefit MCCSF.
Bookings are closed for this event.