UFMCC Vision, Mission and Values
Metropolitan Community Church is compelled by an unfinished calling and a prophetic destiny. We are a global movement of spiritually diverse people fully awake to God’s enduring love. Following the example of Jesus and empowered by the Spirit, we demand, proclaim, and do justice in the world.
- Metropolitan Community Church is an increasingly global and diverse people who proclaim and practice a spirituality that is liberating and sufficiently profound to address the issues of our volatile, uncertain and complex world.
- We are called to develop and equip leaders, congregations and ministries to do the work of justice, compassion and the integration of sexuality and spirituality.
- We will do this through high value training, cutting edge theological exploration, expanding partnerships and engaging with similarly minded justice movements.
- Inclusion – We want to be conduits of faith where everyone is included in the family of God, and where all parts of our being are welcomed at God’s table.
- Community – We are committed to equipping ourselves and each other to do the work that God has called us to do in the world.
- Spiritual Transformation – We believe that when people are invited to experience God through the life and ministry of Christ, lives will be transformed.
- Justice – Working to talk less and do more, we are committed to resisting the structures that oppress people and standing with those who suffer under the weight of oppressive systems, being guided always by our commitment to Global Human Rights.
- Global Growth: Become a growing multi-cultural, international, spiritual community
- Justice: Boldly claim our prophetic role as a justice movement for the 21st century
- Congregations and Ministries: Expand the number of healthy, vibrant churches and ministries
- People: Cultivate, nurture and deploy lay and clergy leaders that are equipped and empowered to carry out our global mission
- Finances: Build a culture of generosity to achieve our vision and mission
— From the UFMCC Strategic Plan (2014-2018)